"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." - James Beard

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New Finds...

Many of you know that I'm not a big fan of peanut butter (meaning that I never eat it unless it's packed with sugar and surrounded by chocolate in a reese's cup!).  I've finally found some alternatives.  My friend, Sally, told me in college that I should try almond butter - a few months ago I finally gave it a try!  And it's amazing!  Unfortunately, some grocery stores either don't carry it or only carry the organic brand that cost $20+ for a jar!  So, recently, I found sunflower seed butter.  If possible, it's even more amazing than almond butter - and it costs about the same as peanut butter.  So far, I've only eaten these new finds with apples as a snack.  I haven't ventured into sandwiches with jelly yet - one step at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...