I found this recipe on Pinterest and tried it recently when I hosted a girls' night at my house. It was a big hit, and I'll definitely be making it again! It's the perfect appetizer for any dinner party. I had a lot of extra tapenade left over - so it could definitely be used as a dip, too.
|(Photo from: garnishwithlemon.com)|
Sun-dried Tomato and Kalamata Olive Bruschetta
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 oz. Crumbled Feta cheese
- 4 oz. Light cream cheese softened
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 oz. Kalamata olives coarsely chopped
- 1- 7 ounce jar julienne sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 10 basil leaves chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Slice the bread into ½ inch slices and toast in oven until lightly browned (about 9 minutes). Rub the bread with one of the garlic cloves after you remove it from the oven. Can be made two days ahead, put in air tight container once it has cooled.
- Combine Feta and cream cheese until smooth.
- Put remaining garlic cloves, olives and sun-dried tomatoes in bowl of food processor. Pulse until coarsley chopped but not pureed. Slice basil in ribbons and stir into tapenade.
- Right before serving, spread crostini with cream cheese mixture and top with olive tomato tapenade.