"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." - James Beard

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Publix's Watermelon Feta Salad

The other night, my friend Susan had us over for dinner.  One of the dishes she served was this wonderful watermelon salad.  I had seen several recipes for this recently, but wasn't sure if I was buying the whole idea of watermelon being a key part of a salad - I'm always a little wary of mixing sweet and savory items.  I was really impressed with this salad, though.  Susan told me the recipe was from Publix, so today I looked it up and made it myself.  It's so great and refreshing.  I'm sure I'll be eating it more throughout the summer!

Watermelon Feta Salad
Ingredients 4 oz feta cheese
2 lb watermelon slices (or quarters)
8 oz grape tomatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cups arugula greens (about 5 oz)
1 cup sliced red onions

Prep
Cut feta and watermelon into small bite-size pieces.
Cut tomatoes in half.

Steps
Whisk oil, vinegar, and salt to blend; set aside. Place arugula, onions, and tomatoes in salad bowl.
Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Add cheese and melon; serve.

CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 270kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 25mg; SODIUM 470mg; CARB 26g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 7g; VIT A 50%; VIT C 60%; CALC 25%; IRON 8%

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...