"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." - James Beard

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spinach and Cream Cheese Sandwiches

My mom and aunts always made these sandwiches and used similar ingredients to make my favorite dip when I was growing up.  I've started making these sandwiches to take to parties - they're great for showers and for weekends at the lake.  The extra spinach/cream cheese mixture is great with crackers!

Spinach and Cream Cheese Sandwiches
Ingredients:
1 pkg cream cheese (8 oz)
4 tbsp grated onion
1 box frozen spinach (thaw, drain, and squeeze out water)
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup mayonnaise
bread

Directions:
Cream the creamed cheese. Add mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, and spinach. Cut the bread into circles or triangles. Use the mixture as filling for the sandwiches.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! These sound delicious! I love some Spinach Dip, so these sound right up my alley. ;) Hope you are having a wonderful Monday, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!! I made this as a dip for crackers for our Harvest Supper next weekend. My 4-year-old licked the beaters! Now that's a testament in itself! I'm sure it'll be good on bread too! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...