"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." - James Beard

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ground Venison Burgers

Yes, we still have plenty of venison left in the freezer and are thinking of new ways use it!  I have to say, I LOVE this recipe.  These burgers taste better than traditional hamburgers.  They aren't as fatty and have great flavor from the extra ingredients.  We've made these twice and really love them.  I'm sure we'll be grilling out with this recipe through the summer!

Ground Venison Burgers
Ingredients:

1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
1/3 cup chopped green onions
3 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper*
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 pounds ground venison
8 hamburger buns, split
8 slices Pepper Jack cheese
 
Directions:
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard and lime peel; cover and refrigerate until serving.

In a bowl, combine the onions, yogurt, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties. Pan-fry, grill, or broil until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns; top with cheese and mayonnaise mixture.

(from allrecipes.com)

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Thank god I found a Venison recipe! Next week, my dad and his friend will go to Colorado for elk's hunting. For sure, they'll get tender meat of deer. You know, elk's meat is one of my favorite recipes. I'm so lucky because I've found a new recipe. I'll save your link so I have a guide for cooking this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...