"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." - James Beard

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Oktoberfest!

This weekend, Kent and I invited lots of our friends over to celebrate Oktoberfest.  We'd been wanting to host a big party since we moved into our house.  We thought we'd take a cue from our last name and go with a German theme!  It was such a great time!  We had homemade pretzels, bratwursts and onions cooked in beer, hot potato salad, German chocolate cupcakes (yes, I know they aren't actually German) - and, of course, German beer!  I've already posted the pretzel recipe, but I'll be posting a few of the other recipes this week along with pictures from the event.  I think this might become an annual party!

Photo: Funthemepartyideas.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...