"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." - James Beard

Monday, January 28, 2013

Blackberry Crunch

I got this recipe from my family's recipe book.  It was submitted by my aunt, Marilyn, who is a fantastic cook!  I was looking for a dessert to make one night for some friends from church who were coming over for a meeting.  I knew I would be getting home from work a little late and wouldn't have tons of time, but I wanted to serve something homemade.  This was super fast and perfect for a cold winter night!

Blackberry Crunch
Ingredients:
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, undrained (in its own juice)
3 cups blackberries (Marilyn's recipe calls for blueberries, but nearly any berry will do!)
1 package yellow cake mix
1 stick margarine, melted
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Directions:
Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.  Spread undrained pineapple in pan.  Layer berries over pineapple.  Sprinkle dry cake mix over the berries.  Then pour the melted margarine over all.  Sprinkle top with chopped nuts.  Do not stir.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.  Serve warm with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...