"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." - James Beard

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Kentucky Derby Pie

Sally put this recipe in a Shutterfly cookbook that she made for me for my birthday a few years ago.  I love the cookbook because it has pictures in it that she took of all of our friends throughout college, and it contains a lot of great recipes!  I made this one for supper club last week.  After going to La Paz for dinner, everyone headed to our house for dessert.  I was nervous about making something new when we were having people over, but it turned out really well (though a little runny since I didn't let it cool enough).  With these ingredients, you know it has to be good...

 
At City Grocery with great friends senior year - one of my favorite pictures from the cookbook


Kentucky Derby Pie
Ingredients:
1 9" pie frozen pie shell
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup flour
pinch of salt
2 Tbsp Kentucky bourbon
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Allow the pie crust to defrost - this will take about an hour.  Put the shell into a dish making sure to pinch the edges on top of the dish so that the shell does not sink back into the dish during cooking.  Place the pie crust into the oven and allow it to cook partially, for about 10-15 minutes.  The pie crust should begin to harden but not turn golden yet. 

Cream the butter and sugar.  Add beaten eggs, flour, salt, and bourbon.  Then add chocolate chips and pecans.  Stir well and pour into the partially cooked pie shell.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Allow it to set up about 10 minutes before cutting and serving.

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweet Anna! I don't think I should be allowed to read your blog when I am starving! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...